Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all site members. Vintage pipe and tobacco wants to create a safe and reliable location for pipe collectors to buy and sell estate pipes, vintage tobacco tins and all forms of pipe smoking accessories.
Guidelines for sellers:
- No dummy accounts are allowed for the purpose of ramping up cost of items.
- Truth-full and honest item descriptions are required.
- Quality photos of actual items are required, no stock photos allowed
- Return policy must be discussed in original listing.
- Shipping constraints must be listed in original listing.
- international shipping is allowed at the discretion of the seller
Vintage Tobacco Tins
Collectible packaging that contains tobacco can be listed as long as the package is completely sealed, and you follow and include all of the statements in the list below in your listing. We recommend copying and pasting this disclaimer directly into your item description. This is due to the rules set-forth by the payment processing company. We do not sell tobacco products only yht collectible tins the tobacco was originally shipped in.
– Even though the package has never been opened, the tobacco inside is not for consumption.
– The collectible packaging is not currently available in stores.
– The buyer must be at least 18 years old. (As the seller, I’m responsible for making sure this rule is met.)
– Both the buyer and the seller are following all applicable laws and shipping regulations for this transaction.
If you include photos in your listing, you have to show the actual item for sale—stock photos aren’t allowed.
All estate pipes listed for sale on the site must be of good quality. This can be a subjective issue and any listing that the site moderators do not feel fits our strict quality policy will be removed and listing fees will be refunded minus and processing fees.
Items not allowed under the Estate pipe category:
- Glass pipes
- Brass or metal pipes not implicitly designed for tobacco consumption.
- Any smoking vessel that could be considered drug paraphernalia.
- low quality or junk estate pipes.
Guidelines for buyers
- No dummy accounts are allowed
- vintagepipeandtobacco.com assumes no risk in the transaction of the auction item. We will however work with our buyers in every way possible to ensure the process works smoothly.
- Prompt payment for purchase is required.
- Using the paypal payment gateway you are covered under their buyer protection policy. If the item you purchased was proven to be never delivered we will request a refund from paypal.
Users found to be in violation of our site rules may have their account suspended indefinably.